Tuesday, January 1, 2008

PunkUE

What Is Abandoned Dreams?
Abandoned Dreams Exploration is a group of Urban Photographers started in Massachusetts in 2006. The group photographs the off limit, unseen, and long forgotten structures ordinarily passed by without a second glance from the everyday citizen. The group explores everything they find interesting including abandoned apartment complexes, factories, storm drains and sewers.

I'm PunkUE and I run this crappy site.

I 've been exploring abandonment's for almost as long as I can remember. It all started for me, back when I was real young, playing manhunt in the now demolished Simmons jewelry factory in Attleboro, Ma. I always found places no one else went to were interesting. Peeling paint, rust, puddles in the middle of the floor, paperwork strewn everywhere... I don't think I could pick one reason I explore over the hundreds of others.
I'm the founder of Abandoned Dreams Exploration. I started this group back in 06' with my girl KareBear and our two good friends Autumn Pumpkin and Skwatting Dawg. Our friends don't explore anymore and Abandoned Dreams has added and lost members since their departure, but still I make a new site every year. There's no getting rid of me.
I started photographing buildings back in 06' but in 07' I photographed sewers and storm drains as well. I'll explore and photograph just about any place that catches my eye.

My favorite locations so far would have to be the 716 Drain, The Providence Produce Market, Leavens Awards Company, and The Balfour Mill.

No comments: